Protect Yourself and/or Your Organization from Cyber Attacks
Cyber crime is on the rise. DID YOU KNOW:
• The annual cost of cyber crime to the global economy is estimated to be 445 – 575 BILLION DOLLARS. More than half of that money is never recovered.
• Some experts have estimated that the global cost of cyber crime may reach $2 trillion by 2019, a threefold increase from the 2015 estimate of $500 billion.
• IBM President and CEO Ginni Rometty described cyber crime as “the greatest threat to every profession, every industry, every company in the world.”
HUMAN ERROR is the biggest threat to the security of our precious data and our privacy. Some experts estimate human error is the cause of up to 95% of all cyber attacks!
A simple innocent click on the wrong link can lead to devastating consequences on:
• Your organization (if an employee clicks on a malicious link)
• Your small business (if you as an entrepreneur or an employee clicks on a malicious link)
• You (if you click on a malicious link when online for personal reasons)
Organizations often think that because they have invested in highly sophisticated security technology, they are safe. That is FALSE!
Malicious emails still can, and often do, get through to your employees’ inboxes. Many fall for scams because they do not have adequate cyber security knowledge and awareness.
Given the high cost of even one security breach, e.g., including loss of data and money, damage to your organization’s reputation, and time that needs to be spent resolving the damage, PROACTIVE EDUCATION is a small investment for greater peace of mind.
Our IT/Cyber Security Online Training Programs
proLearning innovations has created an interactive and highly practical online IT/Cyber Security program designed to enhance cyber awareness and mindfulness.
We have two versions of this course available – one for employees and volunteers working in an organization or association and another for individuals/entrepreneurs who use email and/or social media for business or personal reasons.
These courses are identical in content, however, the latter takes into consideration the realities of individuals who do not work in an organization and therefore do not have the support of an IT department.
Module 1 – IT/Cyber Security
Examples of topics addressed in Module 1 include:
• How to identify and avoid common internet scams (phishing, spear phishing, ransomware, etc.)
• Social Engineering (cyber crime that targets individuals to obtain access to company/personal information vs. programming designed to bypass a company’s cloud and firewall security)
• Red flags and cyber security tips
• How to keep devices such as cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc., safe from damage and thieves
• Why cyber-crime is growing at such an alarming rate and what users can do to stay safe
This Module is available in a 30 or 50-minute online course.
CLICK HERE to view a DEMO of Module 1
Module 2 – Social Media, Public Wi-Fi and the Cloud
Examples of topics addressed in Module 2 include:
• What is social media and why does it exist
• Benefits and risks of using social media apps such as Facebook and LinkedIn
• Privacy issues when using search engines like Google and Bing and what you can do about it
• Security issues when posting/working online
• Staying safe in the Cloud and when using public Wi-Fi
This module is available as a 50-minute online course. A PDF version of this program can be downloaded and/or printed for future easy reference.
To view a DEMO of Module 2, please contact us at email@example.com
INFORMATION FOR ORGANIZATIONS/ASSOCIATIONS WANTING TO TRAIN EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS AND/OR VOLUNTEERS
• This course is also offered in smaller “bite-sized” segments, enabling you to roll out the program weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Each of the six segments available are approximately 8 minutes in length.
• Modules can be customized to suit your organization’s particular needs.
• If your organization has a Learning Management System, Modules may be purchased outright.
ADDITIONAL CYBER SECURITY SERVICES AVAILABLE TO ORGANIZATIONS
To further protect your organization from becoming the victim of a cyber attack, we also offer the following:
• IT Security Templates – 9 geared to IT Staff and 3 geared to employees for their review and signature
• Templates to enable IT department to conduct internal simulated phishing attacks
• Best Practice Review of your organization’s current security infrastructure, including IT security systems, policies and practices, and recommendations for improvement
• On-site classroom Security Awareness Training workshops
For more information about any of our cyber security offerings, please contact us at 647-847-1853 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org