Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Support Services
proLearning innovations is recognized across the province for their AODA compliance and innovative AODA products, services and support. Below are some descriptions of what we offer:
Combined AODA eLearning Program
Combines both Customer Service and Integrated Accessibility Standards into ONE course. Train your staff on BOTH standards in one 50-minute eLearning course – Also available in workbook and classroom training formats.
This course addresses all of the training requirements under the AODA. To ensure this program is optimally relevant and engaging, we have included a number of interactive exercises and practical on-the-job scenarios. All have been designed to help your staff behave in an appropriate and inclusive manner when serving and working with individuals who have disabilities.
The objective of this training program is to:
- Cover all the mandatory training requirements under the AODA.
- Provide employees with the practical knowledge and skills they require to help create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe, comfortable and welcome.
- There is a quiz at the end of the program. Once the individual successfully passes the quiz, they are provided with a certificate of completion.
- Under the IAS, Managers must receive job-specific training as well.
Integrated Accessibility Standards:
This program will provide client with information employees at all levels of the organization need to be aware of, as per the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. It also contains a general refresher on the guidelines around the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service regulation. This program will also provide users with practical knowledge and skills to help the organization create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe, comfortable and welcome. For more information please call our office at 647-847-1853.
NOTE: We can also provide a version of the Employee program with a Customer Service Standard Refresher included.
This program will provide client with information managers need to be aware of as per the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. It will also provide managers with practical knowledge and skills they require to create the best possible working environment for their employees.
We have both AODA and non-AODA versions of these programs available in English and in French. All of our programs are available in a workbook format. We also provide on-site classroom training to satisfy the Integrated Accessibility Standards training requirements. For more information on any of these options, give us a call at 647-847-1853.
Customer Service Standard
Ideal for organizations who wish to take their employees and managers through a program addressing the Customer Service Standard only.
Information Technology Guide to Website Accessibility
proLearning innovations has created a comprehensive 48-page Guide geared specifically to anyone involved with website development.
The intent of this Guide is to provide the reader with the skills, knowledge and expertise they need to effectively build accessible websites, as per the Accessible Website requirement under the Information and Communications Standard.
In addition to providing an abundance of relevant information, this document includes links to many interesting and educational websites. These have been included to further educate the reader, as well as provide a more interactive and rich learning experience.
Benefits of this Guide include:
- Significant cost-savings to organizations:
- The need to outsource accessible web development will be minimized as internal IT staff develops their skills through this Guide.
- Helps to facilitate the achievement of AODA goals and objectives
- This resource has been designed for all individuals (employees and external consultants) involved with the development of accessible website. Having such a resource available will help Ontario attain its goal of becoming a province where every person who lives or visits can participate fully, including persons with disabilities.
Intended Audience: Internal IT Staff, External IT Consultants, Marketing/SEO Specialists, Layout Designers, Programmers, and Content Editors
AODA Practical Handbook for Employees
For some organizations, classroom and online training may not be feasible options. For example, not everyone in the organization may have easy access to a computer and/or the technological skills to participate in an online program. In such cases, our practical Handbooks for Employees are the ideal solution. Our informative and highly interactive workbooks provide all the benefits of an online learning program and covers the same information; however, it is intended for companies that prefer hardcopy workbooks over other forms of training.
We offer a variety of different on-site classroom AODA Programs to meet each organization’s specific needs. From management and employee workshops to a comprehensive train-the-trainer workshop, our highly interactive workshops are taught by AODA experts. Our classroom Training Programs will provide your staff with the practical training they require.
Consider attending one of our public Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation workshops that will be held across the province commencing January, 2013. We can also deliver this workshop specifically for your organization, at any time.
AODA – Consulting and Support Services
As AODA experts, we can help you implement a cost effective solution to comply with the legislation. We will partner with you to meet your unique needs and challenges. Our expert consultants will work closely with you to ensure we fully understand your particular situation, organizational goals and objectives. We will assess your needs and empower you with the skills, knowledge and tools to effectively implement the AODA inside your organization.
The kind of support we provide includes:
- Review of current organizational polices and recommendations of modifications required to fulfill the AODA requirement
- Assist with AODA reporting requirements and documentation
- Provide AODA coaching and consultation services to ensure organizational compliance with the AODA legislation
- Review of current training processes and programs to determine what additional training is required to ensure organizational compliance with the AODA legislation